Publications Involving CHAT
- Danis M, Biddle AK, Dorr Goold S. Insurance Benefit Preferences of the Low-Income Uninsured. J Gen Int Med 2002;17(2):125-133.
- Ginsburg M. (Center for Health Care Decisions, Rancho Cordova, CA). When Options Exceed Resources: Making Tradeoffs in Healthcare Benefits. Final Report. Sacramento Healthcare Decisions. 2003 Oct.
- Danis M, Biddle AK, Goold SD. Enrollees Choose Priorities for Medicare. Gerontologist. Feb. 2004; 44(1):58-67.
- Goold SD, Green SA, Biddle AK, Benavides E, Danis M. Will Insured Citizens Give Up Benefit Coverage to Include the Uninsured? J Gen Int Med Aug. 2004, 19(8):868. (“Best of JGIM” 2004-5)
- Keefe CW, Goold SD. Designing Health Plan Benefits: A Simulation Exercise Med Educ Nov 2004;38(11):1196.
- Goold SD, Biddle AK, Klipp G, Hall, C, Danis M. "Choosing Healthplans All Together" A Deliberative Exercise for Allocating Limited Health Care Resources. J Health Polit Pol Law 30(4), August 2005.
- Danis M, Benavides E, Nowak M, Goold SD. Development and Evaluation of a Computer Decision Exercise for Consumer Participation in Insurance Benefit Planning. Forum Family Consumer Issues 10(2), October 2005.
- Ginsburg M, Goold SD, Danis M. (De)constructing “Basic:” Citizens Define the Core Elements of Coverage. Health Affairs, 25(6):1648-55, November 14, 2006.
- Danis M, Ginsburg M, Goold SD. The Coverage Priorities of Disabled Adult Medi-Cal Beneficiaries. J Health Care Poor Unders. 17:592–609, 2006.
- Danis M, Goold SD, Parise S, Ginsburg M. Enhancing Employee Capacity to Prioritize Health Insurance Benefits. Health Expec 10(3):236-47, Sept. 2007.
- Danis M, Lovett F, Sabik L, et al. Low-income Employees’ Choices for Employment Benefits Aimed at Improving the Socio-economic Determinants of Health. American Journal of Public Health 2007;97:1-8.
- Dror D, Koren R, Ost A, et al. Health Insurance Benefit Packages that Low Income Clients in India Prioritize: Three Criteria to Estimate Effectiveness of Choice. Social Science and Medicine 2007 Feb;64(4):884-96.
- Danis M, Binnendijk E, Vellakkal S, Ost A, Koren R, Dror D. Eliciting health insurance benefit choices of low income groups. Economic and Political Weekly 2007;62 (32):3331-3339. Available at www.epw.org.in
- Danis M, Lovett F, Sabik L, Adikes K, Cheng G, Aomo T. Low-income employees’ choices for employment benefits aimed at improving the socio-economic determinants of health. American Journal of Public Health 2007; 97:1-8.
- Lucas, T., & Goold, S. The Malleability of Belief in a Just Word: Evidence from a Health Resource Allocation Exercise. Psych J. 5(2): 92-104, June 2008
- Danis M, Ginsburg M, Goold S. Experience in the United States with public deliberation about health insurance benefits using the small group decision exercise, CHAT. J Ambul Care Manage. 2010 Jul-Sep;33(3):205-14.
- Adikes KA, Sara C. Hull SC, Danis M. The views of low income employees regarding mandated comprehensive employee benefits for the sake of health. Social Work in Public Health. 2010; 25:102-123.
- Danis M, Kotwani N, Garrett J, Rivera I, Davies-Cole J, Carter-Nolan P.
Priorities of low-income urban residents for interventions to address the socio-economic determinants of health,
Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved 2010;21:1318-1339.
- Evans-Lacko S, Baum NM, Danis M, Biddle A, Goold SD. Laypersons’ Choices and Deliberations for Mental Health Coverage. Admin Pol Mental Health. March 2011; epub ahead of print
- Pesce J, Kapaduwa C, Danis M. Deliberation to enhance awareness of and prioritize socioeconomic interventions for health. Social Science and Medicine. 2011;72:789-97.
- Marion Danis M, Taylor DH, Jr., Zafar SY, Samsa GP, Wolf SP, Abernethy AP.
A Decision Exercise to Engage Cancer Patients and Families in Deliberation
about Medicare Coverage for Advanced Cancer Care. BMC Health Services Research (in press 2014)
- Taylor DH, Jr, Danis M, Zafar SY, Howie L, Samsa GP, Wolf SP, Abernethy AP.
There Is A Mismatch Between Medicare’s Benefit Packages And The Preferences Of Patients With Cancer And Their Caregivers.
Journal of Clinical Oncology (in press 2014)